A podcast in iTunes is allowed eight weeks, just 56 days, to be potentially featured in the "New and Noteworthy (N&N)" category. I have long since passed out of that time frame.
Even though I am no longer in N&N, I still need ratings and reviews. Those are the main method that iTunes uses to evaluate the value of a podcast, and podcasts which have better ratings, reviews and download numbers are placed higher in the search rankings. And that is how new people find the show.
And I may have neglected something. Using iTunes isn't necessarily user-friendly. It occurs to me that some may not know how to review on iTunes.
Here are some instructions:
1) click here and follow to "View in iTunes" - under logo (can be done after you listen to your chosen show(s).
2) Once on iTunes in the middle over the show listings is "Details", "Ratings and Reviews" and "Related".
3) Click "Ratings and Reviews".
4) Next to "Click to Rate" there are 5 gray stars. Click the number of stars you think my show deserves
5) Underneath that is "Write a Review". That allows you to write a review AND leave a star rating.
Thank you so much in advance for helping promote these shows.
Make Your Someday Today is a twice-weekly podcast, where we talk to successful people in all walks of life and around the world on Monday, and then on Thursday, I take a specific message from the previous guest and give my "Trevitorial", where I help you apply that message to your life. The entire purpose of the show is to help all of us overcome our challenges and fears and become the person we want to be, the person we deserve to be.