Traditional Pumpkin Pie
3/4 cup Splenda (or the same volume of granulated sugar)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 can (15oz/425g) of 100% pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 can (12 fl oz/360ml) evaporated skim milk
1 unbaked deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Prepare your crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Splenda and spices.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light, yellow and frothy.
- Stir pumpkin into eggs, mix until incorporated.
- Add sugar/spice mix, mixing until incorporated.
- Gradually stir in milk, until well mixed.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350F. Bake another 40-50 minutes. The pie is finished when a knife tip inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate.
- Do not freeze this pie. (The filling will separate from the crust and lose much presentation appearance--but not flavor.)
Sat fat: 3g