Roasted Eggplant and Feta Dip
Serves: 24 (2 tablespoon serving)
Eggplants (enough to equal about 1 pound)
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup onion, finely minced
1 jalapeno chili, seeded, finely minced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely minced
1/4 cup feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F (or preheat the grill on high)
- Roast the eggplant (either method) turning every 5 minutes or so, until the skin begins to char the the fruit is soft.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- When cool, slice and scrape into a bowl. Add oil and lemon juice.
- Mash with a fork until mixed but still lumpy.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Mix to combine.
Sat fat: 0.7g