I will be migrating this blog to a better platform. Soon, hopefully. Please keep coming back to keep updated.
Sauteed Green Beans and Butternut Squash
1 pound fresh or frozen whole green beans (4 cups)
1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes (2 cups)
3 teaspoons olive oil
2 clove garlic, sliced thinly
Salt and/or Pepper
- Preheat a 10-11" non-stick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil. When it is hot, add the squash cubes.
- Saute for 4-5 minutes, until the cubes begin to get lightly browned. Remove from the skillet, cover and keep warm.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to skillet. When hot, add green beans.
- Toss frequently, until the beans become hot and are beginning to lightly brown (4-5 minutes if fresh, 7-10 minutes if frozen.)
- Return the squash to the skillet. Add garlic. Toss together until thoroughly hot (1-3 minutes.) Season with salt/pepper as desired.
Sat fat: 0.4g