Broccoli Cheddar Frittata
1 bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed (about 4 cups)
1/4 cup onion
1 teaspoon olive oil
4 whole eggs
6 egg whites
Your preferred herb blend (I really like Penzey's Sunny Paris for ALL egg dishes.)
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a 10 inch oven-safe non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil.
- Preheat your broiler on high, with the oven rack at the highest setting.
- When oil it hot (shimmery) add onions. Saute until they become translucent (3-4 minutes.)
- Add broccoli. Continue to toss occasionally until everything is very warm.
- Meanwhile, separate the eggs, reserving the white. Scramble the whites with the whole eggs. Add your preferred seasoning.
- Turn the heat to medium and pour eggs over the vegetables. All the eggs to cook, undisturbed until the top is still runny but the edges are beginning to set.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the eggs, and place skillet under broiler until the eggs are cooked and the cheese melted and brown (2-3 minutes.)
- Let cool for 5 minutes, and cut into four pieces.