Grilled Peach with Balsamic Reduction
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
1/8 cup crushed pecans
Whipped topping or ice cream
- Preheat your grill on high for 5 minutes.
- In a small non-stick skillet over med-high heat, toast the pecans until they become fragrant (2-3 minutes.) Remove from heat.
- In the same skillet, add vinegar and increase the heat to high. Bring to a boil. Let is reduce in volume by half. This will go quickly (1-3 minutes), stay by the stove. Turn the heat off.
- Cut your peach in half and remove the stone.
- Lay the peach, cut side down on the grill. Leave in place until grill marks form, about 2 minutes. (The sugars in the peach will start to get caramelize and you will smell the wonderful aroma.)
- Turn the heat down, and leave the peach in place another 2-3 minutes, until it gets warm.
- Serve the peach half on whipped topping or ice cream, topped with half the pecans and balsamic syrup.
- Omit whipped cream to make this vegan.
Note: The next time I make this, I will cut the peach into four or six wedges, and grill both cut sides.
Normally, I don't like peaches (I usually find them to be cloyingly sweet), but this peach had such a different flavor from the grilling process and then topping it with the sweet-tart balsamic syrup made this a wonderful dessert.
For nutritional data, the only data of concern is the peach. The vinegar adds very little. If you eat it without whipped topping or ice cream, you only need to add the calories present in the peach.