Wild Rice, Cheddar and Spinach Pie
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
1 box frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
3 cups cooked wild rice
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
3 whole eggs, whisked together
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet, add the oil. Saute the onions until beginning to brown (about 4-5 minutes.)
3. Add garlic and spinach. Stir together for 1-2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, and put onion/spinach in a large bowl.
5. Add 3 cups cooked wild rice and cheese. Stir to mix.
6. Add eggs, stir until evenly mixed.
7. Spray a pie pan with cooking spray. Spread mixture into pan, smooth and place in oven for 25 minutes. When baked, remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
My suggestions for improving/adding flavor:
Replace the cheddar with an equal amount of feta or bleu cheese.
Add Kalamata olive (especially if using feta cheese.)
Add green Spanish olive (especially if using bleu cheese.)
Add bacon or diced smoked ham.
Add jalapenos (especially if keeping the cheddar cheese.)
Increasing the cheese to a full cup.
Nutritional data for the pie as I made it:
Sat fat: 3.1g