Sunday, April 15, 2012
Serves 4 (approximately 1 cup portions)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (about 30 tomatoes)
2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 jalapeno, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
Cumin and black pepper, to taste
1/2 ripe avocado, diced
1. Heat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. When hot, add onions.
2. Saute onions for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add minced jalapeno, sauteing this for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add cherry tomatoes, cumin and black pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add corn. Saute until everything is heated through (about 8-10 minutes.)
6. Stir in avocado.
Sat fat: 1g
Sodium: 9mg (This is why this version is healthier!)