(1 pineapple will make 6-8 slices)
1 fresh ripe pineapple
1. Preheat your grill.
2. Slice the pineapple into 3/4 slices. Leave the skin on.
3. Oil the grates. Lay the slices on the grates. Turn when they begin to get brown.
4. Remove. Serve with chocolate or caramel syrup, and whipped cream.
The pineapple is also delicious without toppings, or as part of an ice cream sundae.
Nutritional data (pineapple alone, without toppings):
Sat fat: 0g
4 tablespoons (60g) sugar
1 tablespoon water
3 whole eggs, separated
2 ounces Kahlua
1. Reserve 1 tablespoon sugar. Place remaining sugar and water in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat until the water is boiling rapidly. Remove and set aside.
2. Whisk the egg whites in a grease-free bowl until they are stiff. Slowly add the sugar syrup while beating until combined thoroughly.
3. Heat water in a sauce pan until gently boiling. Place a medium-sized bowl over the pan, with the water in contact with the bottom of the bowl. Place the 3 egg yolks, the remaining sugar and the Kahlua in it and whisk until thick and frothy. This will take about 5 minutes.
4. Whisk the egg whites into egg yolks.
5. Optional step: Fold in 1/2 of an 8 ounce container of whipped cream.
6. Divide between 4 glasses.
7. Chill in the refrigerator. Top with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder.
Sat fat: 2.5g
Variations include using Bailey's Irish Cream, Grand Marnier, Amaretto, Frangelico, or just about any flavorful liqueur.