Friday, June 8, 2012
Grilled Shrimp Scampi
2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined, divided into four portions
4 tablespoons butter, softened
8 scallions, chopped (the white and green parts)
6 large garlic cloves, smashed and minced
Black pepper to taste
Crushed Red Pepper (optional, and I did not use it)
4 ounces white wine
1. Preheat grill to get it hot.
2. Prepare 4 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil (or 8 sheets of regular foil) about 15 inches long
3. Combine butter, scallions and garlic in a small bowl. Add black pepper and crushed red pepper (if desired.)
4. Form each piece of foil into a boat shape. Place a portion of shrimp on the foil. Cover with 1/4 of the butter-scallion mix.
5. Add 1 ounce of wine and seal each packet tightly.
6. Place on hot grill for 7-8 minutes.
7. Open and serve.
Sat fat: 7.6g