Thursday, June 21, 2012
Rosemary Chicken with Tomato-Avocado Salsa
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
1. Place chicken breasts inside a Ziploc freezer bag. With a rubber mallet or similar tool, pound the breast to 1/4 inch thickness. Season the breasts with black pepper.
2. Combine oil, vinegar, rosemary and garlic in another Ziploc bag. Place chicken in bag and toss to coat. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. While the chicken rests in the refrigerator, prepare the salsa (below.)
4. Preheat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Place each breast in skillet and cook until done (about 3 minutes per side.)
5. Serve with salsa.
Nutritional data (1 chicken breast):
Sat fat: 3.8g
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
1. In a 1 quart or larger bowl, combine first four ingredients with a whisk.
2. Add tomatoes, cheese and avocado.
3. Serve immediately.
Nutritional data (1/2 cup portion):
Sat fat: 2.6g