From left to right: strawberry, nutella-strawberry, and lemon
Basic Crepe Recipe
Makes 12 crepes
6 oz milk
5 oz beer
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/8 tsp salt
1. Put first four ingredients in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix for 30 second. Scrape the sides and mix for another minute, or until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
2. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Re-whisk the batter just before you begin frying the crepes.
4. Preheat 10 inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick spray.
5. With the skillet off the heat, pour 2 oz (1/4 cup) batter in the center of the skillet. Tip the skillet so that the entire bottom is covered.
6. Return to heat. When the top begins to dry and the bottom is beginning to brown, flip using a wooden or rubber flipper. The edges will begin to curl away from the pan at this time.
Beginning to lift up at the lower left corner.
This is a perfectly fried first side.
8. Remove from skillet.
9. Add fillings, fold or wrap and serve -OR- stack with wax paper between layers for later use.
Nutritional data (per crepe, without any filling):
Sat fat: 0.5g
Possible fillings are endless:
A whole banana
Nutella (or peanut butter) and banana
Nutella (or peanut butter) and strawberry
Any other fruits (fresh or canned pie filling) with whipped cream
Lemon juice and powder sugar
Greek yogurt and your favorite fruit
Bacon and eggs (with a touch of cheese)
Ham and cheese
Cream cheese and smoked salmon
Shredded chicken and salsa
Thin-shaved beef with horseradish yogurt