Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Just a Quick Update

We arrived in Portland at around 2 pm. The traffic out of Boston was not bad. Our bed and breakfast, the Inn at St. John, is very nice.

The two of us, sitting on the deck, waiting for our lobsters.

We went to the Portland Lobster Company, and the feast began! I went a little nuts, and ordered the Down East Feast. Mine was a 1.25 pound lobster, a dozen steamed oysters, clam chowder, french fries, corn on the cob, cole slaw, and drawn butter. (Tammy's was the same, but without the steamed oysters, clam chowder.) I also ordered a local beer (Peepers Ale.)

Life is soooo freakin' good! I cried a little inside when this arrived.

The devastation--and satisfaction--was achieved about a half hour later.

Now I am waiting for the fishing charter to start. We will be fishing for mackerel. We are allowed to keep what we catch, but we won't be home for about a week, so I can't imagine they will keep on ice that long. I will practice catch-and-release, and still have a lot of fun.

Tomorrow's activities:  Whale watching in the morning. Lobster rolls at the Portland Lobster Company for lunch. Fireworks in the evening, either on board a boat or ashore, following another lobster dinner, of course.

Are you thinking that I am focusing on lobster too much? I'm in Maine! I don't want to eat burgers, or chicken or pork or veggies while I'm here. But will it get boring?

Not a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment