Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Nutella Ice Cream


Nutella Ice Cream
Serve 16 (1/2 cup portions)

Watch me prepare this on Fox11 Good Day Wisconsin.

1 pint (500ml) heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup (250g) Nutella, room temp
Ground hazelnuts for garnish
  1. Place mixing bowl in the freezer for several hours.
  2. Pour cream and vanilla in bowl. 
  3. Begin mixing, until the cream starts to foam.
  4. Begin adding Nutella, one spoonful at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
  5. When all Nutella is mixed in, return to freezer. Two hours for soft serve, 4 or more hours for hard ice cream
  6. Top with crushed hazelnuts, toasted coconut, shaved chocolate, or instant coffee.
Nutritional data:
Calories:      330
Fat:            28.2g
Sat fat:       16.6g
Chol:          80mg
Sodium:   31.2mg
Carbs:        16.5g
Fiber:           0.8g
Protein:        2.2g

Variations in place of Nutella (I haven't tried any of these yet):
Peanut butter
Lemon curd
Banana sauteed in butter and flamed with rum
Cream of cocunut with flaked coconum

After watching me cook, you can listen to me twice a week on my show Make Your Someday Today. You can also find me in iTunes and Stitcher.

Make Your Someday Today is a twice-weekly podcast, where we talk to successful people in all walks of life and around the world on Monday, and then on Thursday, I take a specific message from the previous guest and give my "Trevitorial", where I help you apply that message to your life. The entire purpose of the show is to help all of us overcome our challenges and fears and become the person we want to be, the person we deserve to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment