Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Roasted Cod on Shingled Potatoes


Roasted Cod, on Shingled Potatoes
Serves 4

I've had people ask me how to eat the foods they love and still be able to maintain their weight or continue to lose weight. It is a common theme on MakeYourSomedayToday, my motivational podcast. This recipe has a healthy, low fat, high protein fish and potatoes (but not deep-fried) for an excellent main course. Served with a nice salad (mixed greens or a delicious Panzanella salad) and you have a perfect meal!

1 large baking potato, approx 1 pound
24 ounces cod, skinless
2 tablespoons olive oil
Spices/herbs of your choice
Lemon slices

Preheat oven to 425F
Wash potato. Slice thinly. You need about 40 slices.
Place potatoes in a bowl. Toss with olive oil and spices. I used Penzey's Sunny Paris.
Shingle the potatoes into four sections.

Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until they begin to brown. (Mine are about 5 minutes too long.)
Remove from oven. Lay fresh herbs on the potatoes. (I used oregano and basil from my garden.)

Place 6 ounces of skinless cod on the herbs.
Brush with a bit of olive oil. Top with lemon slices.
Roast for another 12-15 minutes.
Remove and serve.

Nutritional data:
Calories:        241
Fat:                 8g
Sat fat:          1.2g
Chol:        62.3mg
Sodium:      98mg
Carbs:         13.6g
Fiber:            1.8g
Protein:       27.5g

-----------------------------------------
Make Your Someday Today is a twice-weekly podcast, where we talk to successful people in all walks of life and around the world on Monday, and then on Thursday, I take a specific message from the previous guest and give my "Trevitorial", where I help you apply that message to your life. The entire purpose of the show is to help all of us overcome our challenges and fears and become the person we want to be, the person we deserve to be.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! that looks really good--I just got a food processor and have been using it to slice veggies thin to roast. I'll have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, thanks! This recipe is super easy and delicious! I've had another reader suggest using sweet potatoes and catfish. That will be the next incarnation of this recipe! Enjoy and thanks for following!

      Delete