2 cups white vinegar
2 cups Splenda (or table sugar)
2 cups water
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 pound scallions, roots trimmed and cut to fit in the jar standing up
- Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil on the stove, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- While that is simmering, trim the scallions, wash under cold water, and stand up in a glass jar.
- Remove pickling liquid from the stove and cool (covered) to near room temperature. Pour over scallions. Cover and refrigerate.
- This will keep for several weeks in the fridge.
- Note: next time, I will also cut some jalapeno peppers in half (the long way) and add them to the jar for pickled peppers and onions.)