This was one of my entries into the 2014 Mezzetta Make That Sandwich contest.
Sandwiches are fun! A complete meal you eat while holding it. And mashing to regions into one sandwich is tasty. Pulled pork (which I first had while traveling through Tennessee, where my friend Chester lives and teaches) meets South Florida breads (where you can also find Leah and her digital magazine, Just Jew It) in this example.
Pulled Pork Meet South Florida
1 Miami onion roll (you can substitutes another roll if you want.)
4 ounces pulled pork (I used Curley’s Sauceless Pulled Pork for the contest.)
1 ounce Mezzetta’s Roasted Red Bell Peppers
1/8 cup (1/2 ounce) Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings
1 tablespoon Fat Louie's cherry-infused balsamicvinegar
1 tablespoon Mezzetta Olive Oil
- Slice roll. Toast if desired (I prefer my rolls toasted)
- Warm meat until hot (less than 1 minute in a microwave.)
- Place Roasted Red Bell Peppers on bottom half on roll.
- Top with meat.
- Top with Mild Pepper Rings.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
I'm not giving nutritional data for the sandwich. It will change if you use a different type of pulled pork, or use different roll....the variability will change everything.