Monday, February 6, 2012
Herb-Crusted Chicken Thighs with Mexican Corn
Herb-Crusted Chicken Thighs
8 boneless/skinless chicken thighs
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons of your preferred herb/herb blend (I used Penzey's Tuscan Sunset.)
5 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Mix panko crumbs and herbs. Press chicken thighs into this, coating both sides.
2. Heat large non-stick skillet. Spray with cooking spray.
3. Place chicken thigh in skillet. You may need to make two separate batches.
4. Pan fry over medium heat, approximately 5 minutes. Turn over and fry another 5 minutes.
5. Remove from skillet and finish remaining thighs.
6. While thighs are cooking, combine cheese, oil and lemon juice, stirring to make a thick sauce.
Serve 1 tablespoon sauce on each thigh.
Nutritional data, per thigh:
Sat fat: 2.5g
Nutritional data, per tablespoon of sauce:
Sat fat: 2.8g
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 jalapeno, diced (more if desired)
1-2 avocadoes, diced
Makes 4 serving, approximately 1/2 cup of corn/tomato mixture each, with 1/4 avocado on top
1. Heat non-stick skillet. Add drained corn, tomatoes and jalapeno. Cook over medium heat until heated through and the tomatoes start losing their shape.
2. When ready, serve on a plate, and top with avocado.
Sat fat: 0.7g