Sunday, February 26, 2012
Veggie Hash with Eggs
Makes 2-4 serving, depending on how hungry you are. The picture shows two servings, on a 10" plate.
8 ounces shredded potatoes
1 bunch (approxmately 1 pound) fresh asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
Black pepper to taste
Seasoning of your choice (I used Penzey's Sunny Paris.)
1. Heat a large non-stick skillet. Add 1 tsp olive oil, the asparagus, mushrooms. Saute over medium-high heat until the mushrooms begin to brown.
2. Remove veggies from heat, set aside, cover to keep warm.
3. Add the remaining olive oil, and over medium-high heat, add the onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes, and add the garlic, saute for an additional minute.
4. Add the shredded potatoes. Gently toss (to prevent mashing the potatoes) until the onions begin to brown (another 3-4 minutes.)
5. Return all veggies to skillet, toss to mix.
6. Serve with eggs prepared as you like them.
Nutritional Data (for one serving of hash only, without the eggs):
Sat fat: 0.6g