Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Salmon and Spinach Pasta Toss
1 pound salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
Season the salmon with your preferred seasoning. Heat a non-stick skillet, pan fry until cooked, about 3 minutes per side.
Nutritional data, per serving:
Sat fat: 1.5g
Spinach Pasta Toss (makes 6 servings, approximately 1 cup each)
1 tablespon olive oil
1/2 medium onion, minced
Black pepper, dried oregano, and dried basil to preference
3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
2 cups whole wheat penne pasta
1 cup water
6 ounces V8 (low sodium) juice
2 ounces white wine
4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
6 ounces raw baby spinach
2 tablespoons (6 teaspoons) romano cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet (10-12 inches). Add onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat, until it begins to turn translucent.
2. Add garlic, and spices. Saute for another minute.
3. Carefully pour V8, water and wine. Turn heat up, and bring to a near boil. Add pasta, stir and return to a boil.
4. When boiling, reduce heat to simmer, cover and let cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta cooked to your preference.
5. Bring heat back to medium. Add half the spinach. Toss pasta and spinach until the spinach begins to wilt. Add remaining spinach, and toss until the spinach is wilted.
6. Serve, with 1 tsp romano cheese on each portion.
Nutritional data, per serving of the Spinach Pasta Toss:
Sat fat: 0.7g