Serves: 20 (approximately 1 tablespoon portions)
1/2 cup (2 ounces walnuts)
1/2 cup (2 ounces pecans)
1/4 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1 teaspoon Splenda brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place all nuts on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 10 minutes, checking them at 8 minutes to prevent burning. The nuts should be a deep golden color and very fragrant when you open the oven door.
- Remove the nuts from the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- Process the nuts in a food processor until they reach a coarse nut butter consistency.
- Add all remaining ingredients, and process until well mixed.
- Store refrigerated in an air tight container.
Sat fat: 0.4g