Serves 8 (1/4 cup portions)
1 pound tomatillos (6-8)
6 radishes, shredded
3 celery stalks, minced
1 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
- Peel the husk off the tomatillos. Rinse them under cold water to remove the stickiness. Dice all but two tomatillos.
- Place the remaining tomatillos in a food processor or blender. Process/blend until they are smooth.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight, to let the flavors blend together.
- Optional: add 1/2 to 1 minced jalapeno (not used in the above picture.)
Nutritional data for 1/4 cup of salsa:
Sat fat: 0.1g
Note: The next time I make this, I will add one teaspoon lemon zest for a bit of color and bright lemon character.