Serves:12 (1/4 cup portions)
2 cup pan drippings, with as much floating grease removed as possible
1 cup hot water
Salt and pepper as needed to taste
- Combine equal parts flour and melted butter together (roux). Start with 1/4 cup butter and flour. It's easy to make more if needed.
- Bring the pan drippings and water to a boil.
- When boiling whisk in small amounts of roux until you get the consistency that you desire. The gravy will continue to thicken as it cools on the table.
- Using a roux and whisking while adding the roux to the boiling liquids will reduce or eliminate lumps.
- You can add finely minced cooked turkey liver for more flavor. Alternatively, you can also replace some water with beer or wine.
Sat fat: 4.1g