The pancakes are my basic protein pancakes, topped with blueberry Greek yogurt and additional fresh blueberries.
Makes 2 servings.
1 leek, cleaned carefully, and slice thinly across the grain
4 whole eggs, large
2 Tablespoons shredded cheese (your choice)
Pepper as needed
Diced tomato for a dressing
1. Slice the leek the long way, fan it apart and rinse it under cool running water. Slice it thinly across the grain.
2. Turn your broiler on high.
3. Heat a non-stick, oven-safe pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add leeks. Saute until beginning to soften, 3-5 minutes.
4. Crack four eggs into a bowl, whisk lightly.
5. Pour over leeks. Let the eggs cook until beginning to set. The surface will still be runny. Top with cheese. Place under broiler until the cheese browns and eggs finish cooking (2-3 minutes).
6. Cut in half, serve immediately.
Sat fat: 6.1g