Toasted Quinoa and Scallops
12 ounces scallops, cut into ½ inch size pieces
1 cup raw quinoa
2 cups water
2 Tablespoon canola oil, divide
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
4 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce (low sodium, if possible)
6 ounces snow pea pods, sliced into ½ inch chunks
½ cup bell pepper, diced
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Heat a large skillet with 1 Tablespoon canola oil. Add quinoa, and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown. It will pop similar to popcorn.
2. Add 2 cups water, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Stir in pea pods, cover for 5 minutes.
4. Mix remaining canola oil, sesame oil, soy sauce and vinegar. Set aside.
5. In a non-stick skillet, heat and spray with cooking spray. Place scallops in, sauté until beginning to brown.
6. Put bell peppers and scallions on quinoa.
7. Pour oil/vinegar sauce over quinoa. Stir in.
8. Gently stir in scallops.
Serves 6 (1 cup portions)
Sat fat: 0.7g